IBM Pulse 2014 was a great venue for the gathering of Maximo Asset Management users focused on fleet management. As promoted in my January 8, 2014 blog post, we welcomed fleet managers from all industries to meet for an engaging social gathering to kickoff the Maximo Fleet User Group. Representatives from government, airports, manufacturing, rail, utilities and trucking were quick to point out that mobility, fuel management and emissions are hot topics for the new Maximo Fleet User Group (MFUG) to take on.
Heading up this lively group was the newly announced steering committee for the MFUG:
- Amanda Streitmatter from SandRidge Energy
- Leslie Dennis from DTE Energy (not present)
- Dwayne Griffith from JB Hunt
- Carey Clarke from IBM
Notable quotes from the gathering at Pulse 2014 included:
- Andrew Gregory, from FBI: “It’s not your father’s FBI”
- Marques Thomey, from Wayne County Airport: “Computers aren’t scary, start employees off by mandating online entry of vacation.”
- Ron Kovacs, from Maher: “Awesome time! Fuel information was good.”
- Marques Thomey, from Wayne County Airport: “Best part about Maximo User Groups is that you get to meet, collaborate and steal ideas.”
- Darryl Geiken, from Lockheed Martin: “First time attending a User Group. Glad this is available. It’s good to discuss similar topics of interest.”
- Dwayne Griffith, from JB Hunt: “I heard a lot of great innovative ideas.”
Become a part of this group to learn more about the benefits of using Maximo Asset Management to manage your fleets. Register today for the Maximo Fleet User Group and follow updates for the next meeting which will be held on May 22, 2014 and be hosted by DTE Energy.
Comment on this blog if you have other topics that you’d like for us to plan in the agenda for the next meeting.